Glyndŵr University, St Asaph offers commercial services in the following main areas:-
- Optical design and tolerancing for sub-systems and instrumentation
- Design of null optical tests and associated measurement uncertainty budgets
- Opto-mechanical design (CAD) including finite element analysis
- Expertise in selecting and procuring optimum materials, COTS components etc.
- Manufacture of optics
- Metrology of optics by a variety of techniques
- Light-weighting of mirror substrates
- Design studies of novel opto/mechanical requirements
- Control systems design and manufacture
- System and sub-system integration, test and commissioning
- For precision engineering services we have in-house expertise delivering novel solutions and expertise to Astronomical, Space sciences, Nuclear physics and Medical Industries.
In partnership with Glyndŵr University’s Advanced Composite Training and Development Centre, Glyndŵr University, St Asaph also offers design and prototyping capability for optics and associated components in advanced composite materials. These are suitable for a range of applications requiring high strength-to-mass ratio, including space instrumentation, astronomy, defence systems and particular commercial applications.